Friday, September 12, 2014

First Time Out On The Streets

Tonight was my first time out knocking on doors around Lakeville. As an introvert it was a bit uncomfortable for me, but I know I need to introduce myself to the people of the city if I expect them to vote for me.

I had the privilege of talking to a number of people, hearing their concerns for the city. Common themes I heard included:


  • Serious concerns over rising property taxes
  • Frustration over the delay to fix and widen Dodd Blvd
  • Need for attracting more business and industry to Lakeville
  • Concern about deteriorating roads


I really appreciated hearing directly from people, especially knowing that these are some of my top concerns as well. I'm looking forward to hearing more as I continue to canvas neighborhoods around Lakeville.

Feel free to send me your thoughts directly at sjr.lakeville@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment