Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Protecting high school students on Dodd Blvd

As a parent of a student at Lakeville North High School I saw first-hand how the students were affected by the death of Alyssa Ettl, and I could imagine the grief I would have felt as her parents. Thankfully our school and city leaders have made widening Dodd Boulevard a topic of high concern as a result, but as we know now the road will not be changed until at least 2016.

In order to avoid any more tragic deaths on this stretch of road, I want to encourage all LNHS students to voluntarily "boycott" Dodd Blvd between 185th St and the high school entrance. While it might be slightly out of the way for some drivers, most will not be greatly affected by using Ipava Ave as an alternate route.

I have asked my son to avoid this road, and I encourage other parents to do the same. Let's do what we can to avoid losing another life on this dangerous roadway.

No comments:

Post a Comment